Have you heard about Lean Poker? No? We are thrilled to bring Lean Poker Open Hackathon event to Kyiv! This event will take place on July 9th at 9:30 am in Ciklum Kyiv office — Amosova 12, Sky Point, 20th floor.
In both Betsson project and Ciklum we value every possibility to improve the delivery and become even a stronger partner for our customer by learning new approaches and practicing them. We love doing hackathons internally. It’s the first time we are organizing an open event. And we are excited to invite you to become a part of this event.
What is Lean Poker About?
Goal is to build an algorithm, develop strategy and thus beat other teams. During 8 hours together with your team you will be designing and improving your decisions during training rounds. Professional poker bots are developed for years, so the purpose is definitely not to come up with something really smart, but to be the smartest among the current competitors!
Why Lean Poker is so interesting for us? :)
It’s not just a Hackathon event. It’s also a workshop to learn and to practice:
● continuous deployment
● lean startup methodologies and how to deliver value fast
● play poker
● and, last but not the least, have fun and meet smart people
Please REGISTER to guarantee your seat, number of places are limited!
Some Frequantly Asked Questions:
● Do I need to have extensive experience in programming? Happy to say ‘No’ :). Basic Programming skills are enough.
● What programming language is required? Lean Poker can support any language that can respond to HTTP POST requests.
● Do I need to know Poker rules? You don’t have to know the poker rules! You will learn them at the event they are really simple. For curious, you are more than welcome to dig into Texas Hold’em Poker.
● Do I need to have a team to join? Don’t worry, you can register and find the team already at the event.
● Do I need to bring my own laptop? Yes!
● Can I use the bot I wrote to play online poker? Uhm, we are sorry, but no. The key thing is to learn and practice start-up methodologies.