Gopher’s take of the Food Network’s game show Chopped! For those who have not seen the show, every contestant receives a basket of 6 ingredients from which they are to create a meal. For Golang version, every player/team will receive 6 Go packages (plus a pantry of standard library packages) from which they will need to use to create an app or package. Participants will have the option to play as a single player or join a team.
Please fill out the registration form if you are ready to play. Unfortunately, spots are limited.
11:15 Team registration
11:20 Ingredient distribution
11:25 Game begins
13:15 Winner announcement
If received bucket contains “os”, “net”, “io”, “crypto”, “bufio”, “rand” Golang packages
— you can create a weight based http load balancer
— you can create a load testing agent
If received bucket contains “math”, “context”, “errors”, “time”, “ring”, “context”
— you can create a primitive linear regression library
Apps will be judged based on usefulness, creativity, completeness, and how well they showcase Go’s strengths. The Judges will determine a winner based on the following categories:
- Most creative use.
- Most practical application.
- Most innovative
Oleksandr Miasoiedov, Mike Berdar
- Players can use 1/3 of party packages and one extra ingredient without penalty
- Players can use any additional number of third-party/standard packages but will receive a penalty in the final score
- Ingredients will be chosen randomly from the list below. Grouped ingredients will be unique by team.
- Copy paste of code is not encouraged but allowed
- Players can use any items from the essential package not listed (such as bytes, strings, fmt, flag, errors).