The University of Waterloo invites applications for its second summer research program for students from Ukraine. This program will run from May to August 2023 and is designed for 4th year bachelor, master, and doctoral students from Ukrainian universities whose studies were affected by Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine. The program is open for students registered at their home institutions for the current academic year (2022/2023), and applications are particularly encouraged from candidates interested in research fields associated with Engineering, Computer Sciences, and Mathematics, but other research specialisations pursued at the University of Waterloo will also be considered. The summer research program will cover all travel expenses and will provide on-campus housing and a research stipend.
About the University of Waterloo
The University of Waterloo is one of Canada’s premiere research universities. It is consistently ranked #1 in Canada for experiential learning and graduate employment. The University of Waterloo offers leading research expertise in engineering, computer science, and mathematics, among a diverse portfolio of other programs.
Program Details: Selected participants will engage in research and study with leading scientists in their field of specialization.
- senior bachelor (4th year), master or Ph.D. student
- enrolled in the current academic year (2022/2023) at a Ukrainian university
- specialization in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other research area presented at UW
- English proficiency for efficient academic communications (recommended minimum levels: TOEFL ~80, IELTS ~6.5, Cambridge ~175, CAEL ~60, PTE ~60, EFAS ~75%, Duolingo ~110)
Duration: 4 months from May to August 2023
Funding: All essential travel and on-campus expenses are covered by the program.
Application Process: After receiving the application for participation in the program, it will be reviewed by the project team. Those who pass the first selection stage will be invited for an online interview. Finally, selected participants will receive an acceptance letter and further instructions.
Documents required for submission (in English unless specified otherwise):
- Resume / CV
- Academic Transcripts (English or Ukrainian)
- Personal Statement (up to 300 words explaining your academic and research experience, your interest in the program, and its connection to your career plans)
- Academic Letter of Reference
- Confirmation of the submitted application for a Canadian visa under the CUAET program (e.g., screenshot)
Немає коментарівДодати коментар Підписатись на коментаріВідписатись від коментарів