Welcome to the 2023 Winter Visual Novel Jam! This is a game jam for visual novel and story-focused developers.
Continuing from the original Winter VN Jam hosted by Katy133, Arimia from Crystal Game Works and Maricu have (with permission) taken the reins.
This jam’s theme is: Winter.
You can interpret this theme how you like. There are no rankings, no judges, just have fun!
Some winter-themed stories might be cozy times in front of a fireplace, spending time with loved ones over winter holidays, or adapting classic winter-themed tales.
- You can use the jam to complete a project you’ve already begun working on, so long as it fits with the jam’s theme of winter.
- The video game submission must be a visual novel or be highly story-focused.
- There’s no official judging. Anyone who submits a game during the jam has accomplished their goal.
- This jam will not accept submissions that depict sex or gore. Please also do not submit anything hateful or bigotted. This is not intended to be an 18+ restricted jam.
- Collaborations and solo projects welcome.
- Submitting demos and works-in-progress are fine!
- Submissions need to have at least 1 screenshot of their game on the itch.io page or they will be removed.
- Read our FAQ here for more answers.
So have fun, gain experience, and go make a game!