Сучасна диджитал-освіта для дітей — безоплатне заняття в GoITeens ×
Mazda CX 30

How not to be a “cheap offshore resource”

Різниця між розробником який заробляє $4,000 на місяць та тим хто заробляє $8,000 полягає не тільки в технічних вміннях, а й у “Soft Skills”.

На лекції “Як заробляти гроші в якості міжнародного Software Developer” John Sung Kim розказав 10 базових правил розвитку soft skills, які допоможуть заробити більше грошей та розповів чому ці скiли так впливають на зарплатню.

UPD — TL;DR

Top 10 rules of accurate communication:
1. Avoid giving history lessons to smart people.
2. Don’t ask executives questions you can find answers to on Google.
3. Answer with data (number, date or range) first, then go into your history lesson if you must.
4. Tell the truth, even if it is going to hurt you.
5. At least pretend to have ambitious goals even if your goal is to make $5,000/month on a beach with your laptop.
6. It’s ok to say “I don’t know, but give me 24 hours and I’ll get more information for you.” It’s Not ok to say “I don’t know”.
7. Bring a notebook and at least pretend to take notes.
8. When faced with rejection, politely ask, “What do I need to do to get another meeting with you or get you to say Yes next time?”. And take notes!
9. Do Not take zoom meetings walking around loud areas or with your dirty laundry in the background.
10. Practice practice practice your business-level English Nobody knows how smart you are if you can’t communicate complex thoughts.

👍ПодобаєтьсяСподобалось0
До обраногоВ обраному0
LinkedIn
Дозволені теги: blockquote, a, pre, code, ul, ol, li, b, i, del.
Ctrl + Enter
Дозволені теги: blockquote, a, pre, code, ul, ol, li, b, i, del.
Ctrl + Enter

вы все завидуете просто! (к) (тм)

Очередные софтскилл-инфоцыгане

Час десять???? Перемотал на час девять и не ошибся, пришли нам резюме, может быть ты достоин 8к, но врядли. Я ничего не пропустил?

nobody hires SoftServe for innovation. We (Americans) hire SoftServ for been cheap. :D
— have an answer on “where do you want to be in 5 years”

— report under-performers.
— nothing good ever comes from working 40 hours a week. (да он ипанутый походу)

— always try to meet deadlines... nothing good come out of 40h work week.
// но вообще были и полезные советы, особенно как для спича для студентов

узнал страну по батареям

И по спикеру, выучившему магическое слово F*ck

Підписатись на коментарі