My routine on the way to IT

I had 75 thousand UAH and 3 months to get things done. This was the first time I’ve decided to change my life. Why?

Because:
“By changing nothing, nothing changes.” — Tony Robbins

I tried my luck and stepped into the IT world without any background. There was a passion, strong belief, and confidence that in a month I would become a Manual QA Engineer and after that, I would be promoted to Automation.

The next day after I quit my previous job I had an interview for Manual QA position and yep, I miserably failed. I figured out that I didn’t know a lot though a week ago I finished course for QAs.

I heard once that luck smiles to those who struggle — who knew maybe it was true and I decided to try.

During my day I wanted to:
read 3 books one by one (50 pages of each)
read answers to 100 interview questions (important note: READ AND LEARN, babe 😀)
learn Java programming language (I didn’t know at that time even how the code works)
get to know such apps as: SOAP UI, Postman
learn what is Webdriver
learn what can ChromeDriver do
get to know GIT & Unix commands
send my CV to the companies
read non-fiction book
and the most important one — TO HAVE REST SO NOT TO GO OUT OF MY MIND

I needed a routine and it was like:
4:00 a.m. — wake up
4:30 a.m. — do yoga
5:00 a.m. — have breakfast
5:30 a.m. — 10:30 a.m. — JAVA & WebDriver & ChromeDriver (wanted to learn faster how to write automated tests)
10:30 a.m. — 10:45 a.m. — call friend/family
10:45 a.m. — 12:00 p.m. — SOAP UI & Postman
12:00 p.m. — 12:30 p.m. — have lunch
12:30 p.m. — 2:00 p.m. — GIT & Unix commands
2:00 p.m. — 2:30 p.m. — send CVs
2:30 p.m. — 3:30 p.m — take time out to breath fresh air
3:30 p.m. — 4:30 p.m. — read & learn QA questions
4:45 p.m. — 6:00 pm — read 3 books on QA processes
6:00 p.m. — 6:45 p.m. — get to know what was going on in the world (read news, read non-fiction)
6:45 p.m. — 7:15 p.m. — take a shower
7:30 p.m. (~8:00p.m.) — 4 a.m. — sleep

Apps I used during that crazy time:
Alarm: default apple clock or Sleep Cycle
To-Do-List: Todoist
Yoga: Down Dog
Concentration: Be Focused & LeechBlock
Tracking habits: Habit Hub

Only on Saturdays I didn’t do anything except for spending the time with my boyfriend.

I found a job when I had 10 thousand UAH in the pocket that wouldn’t have enough for the next month rent and food. Well, I grabbed luck by the tail at the last moment, indeed 😀

Since then I used to wake up early in the morning ’cause I figured out that it was my most productive time. Will I suggest you do the same? Noooooo, for sure, not at all

BUT

today I have some tips on finding/creating your productivity time:
before waking up at 4 am. read this book (even if you don’t still read it 😀) — www.goodreads.com/...​how/34466963-why-we-sleep
experiment with your time
don’t ever, ever, ever sleep less than 8 hours
work on concentration: don’t answer calls and messages while you’re working (nothing crucial will happen in most of the cases)
listen to classical music while working (don’t worry nobody will get to know it 😀)
don’t think that your socials will become boring for your friends once you go to bed at 8 p.m. (😀) — just know why you do this.

👍ПодобаєтьсяСподобалось0
До обраногоВ обраному0
LinkedIn
Дозволені теги: blockquote, a, pre, code, ul, ol, li, b, i, del.
Ctrl + Enter
Дозволені теги: blockquote, a, pre, code, ul, ol, li, b, i, del.
Ctrl + Enter

Нет. Это погружение в библиотеку монастыря.

Надо выходить туда, где пасутся взрослые тестировщики и бить их копытами, вызывая на драку. Потом зализывать раны, думать о том, как побеждать и снова выходить на общую лужайку. Без общения с самыми сильными конкурсантами обучение не случится.

Вам чё, задали сочинение на заданную тему?

вот что коронавирус животворящий делает!

Непредвиденные обстоятельства немного все поправят.

пока не полился токсик по трубам и не налетели местные снобы — за этот марафон можно и респектануть. это именно то как должен выглядеть вайтишник нормального человека.

сам так вкатывался в джаву, ну с некоторыми отличиями по графику — схема точно рабочая заняло 3 мес, начал с 50к uah + у родителей дозанял на ноут 13к, спустя 2 года имею 2300$. Ты обречен на успех топикстартер!

ну вот походу правило 1000 часов для того чтобы вкатиться работает)

Підписатись на коментарі