Сучасна диджитал-освіта для дітей — безоплатне заняття в GoITeens ×
Mazda CX 30

Most popular technologies for high pay positions offering visa sponsorship

Hey guys, I was just wanted to share a tiny research that I was doing for myself trying to understand what technologies are required the most for positions on Stackoverflow Jobs with visa sponsorship and with a salary more than 75k euros. You can see here the listing I referred to.

Here is a little chart that I’ve made with techs sorted by frequency:

The chart includes only the technologies which are mentioned more than 2 times. Here is a full list.

These stats are not really super representative, not even mentioning that “high pay” is different for different countries. Also they mix between Engineering, DevOps, Data Science and QA jobs (although I’d say around 80% of the jobs listed are Engineering). However, here are my main takeaways:

— AWS literally rules the world in high pay companies. I had a strong feeling that it passes away slowly giving up space to GCP and Azure. That’s not really the case so far.

— Java is still number one for the Backend. However, for sure it sums some positions that involve more Kotlin / Scala development, and Java is just a side language.

— Speaking about Kotlin. It really gained popularity, which I can’t tell about Scala. And it’s apparent these positions are not dominated by mobile development.

— I expected to see way more positions with Go, but that’s not the case. I currently develop in Go and I saw recent growth in the number of positions with this technology as primary one, but they are not among the ones sponsoring visa or offering high salary.

— React.js everywhere. Apparently it is used for any single internal or external dashboard, so it is present in many Backend and even Data Science positions, not even mentioning Frontend / Full Stack. This partially explains high ranking of Javascript and Typescript (Node.js explains another part).

— Python everywhere. Although its dominance is skewed by Data Science positions, there are also many ones which use it for Backend. Not surprising: computation power grows and everyone wants to use something as simple as possible.

— Kubernetes and Docker everywhere. The latter becomes as normal everyday tool as the former one, especially since now we have managed support of them in all the major Cloud providers.

— There is a fair amount of pay jobs on C++. Most of them I’ve noticed have to do with trading algorithms.

(P.S. Sorry for English — just don’t have a Cyrillic keyboard at the moment. Hope that’s not an issue in this community.)

👍ПодобаєтьсяСподобалось0
До обраногоВ обраному2
LinkedIn
Дозволені теги: blockquote, a, pre, code, ul, ol, li, b, i, del.
Ctrl + Enter
Дозволені теги: blockquote, a, pre, code, ul, ol, li, b, i, del.
Ctrl + Enter
(P.S. Sorry for English — just don’t have a Cyrillic keyboard at the moment. Hope that’s not an issue in this community.)

System Preferences — Keyboard — Input Sources — “+” — Ukrainian — Add.

How could we talk about required tech skills and ignore OP’s lack of basic OS knowledge? It completely undermines any data the post tries to present.

Don’t think StackOverflow is a valid source of information for European jobs.

to share a tiny research that I was doing for myself

График далеко неполный, scala там есть, а Go — нет.

Зі статті:

I expected to see way more positions with Go, but that’s not the case. I currently develop in Go and I saw recent growth in the number of positions with this technology as primary one, but they are not among the ones sponsoring visa or offering high salary.

which country are we talking about?

Thanks, that’s interesting!

Підписатись на коментарі